About LedgerX LLC
LedgerX is a CFTC-regulated exchange and clearinghouse that offers bitcoin options, futures and swaps and ethereum options and swaps. LedgerX is headquartered in Miami, FL and trading is available to investors in all 50 states and U.S. territories, and certain overseas jurisdictions.
Since launch, investors have traded over 12 million contracts, representing over 120,000 bitcoin and over $1.1 billion of notional value.
LedgerX is available to individual and institutional investors.
How long has LedgerX been in operation?
LedgerX launched in 2014 and received its initial licenses from the US Commodities and Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) in 2017. We are backed by investors such as Miami International Holdings and Lightspeed.
What products can be traded on LedgerX?
LedgerX offers bitcoin options, swaps, and futures, and ethereum options and swaps.
You can buy and sell BTC in increments of 1/100 BTC with LedgerX mini swaps.
Mini contracts are equal to one hundredth (1/100) of a bitcoin, or 0.01 BTC. This is the standard contract size for all bitcoin products listed on the exchange. Our mini contracts were designed to provide individual investors access to bitcoin derivatives.
You can buy and sell ETH in increments of 1/10 ETH with LedgerX deci swaps.
Deci contracts are equal to one-tenth (1/10) of ethereum, or 0.1 ETH. This is the standard contract size for all eth products listed on the exchange. Our deci contracts were designed to provide individual investors access to ethereum derivatives.
Regulation & Security
LedgerX is a U.S. federally regulated exchange and clearinghouse. LedgerX holds three licenses with the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC):
- Derivatives Clearing Organization (DCO)
- Designated Contract Market (DCM)
- Swap Execution Facility (SEF)
These licenses enable us to operate our exchange and clearinghouse in all 50 states in the US (including its territories), with access to certain international jurisdictions.
What is the CFTC?
The U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) is an independent federal agency of the U.S. Government and oversees and regulates derivatives markets, including swaps, options and futures on bitcoin and ethereum.
All trades executed on LedgerX DCM are cleared by the LedgerX DCO.
- Anti Money Laundering (AML): LedgerX LLC has undergone a full analysis and review of our OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) procedures and AML processes, strategy, policy, controls and related technologies.
- Financial Condition: Grant Thorton audited LedgerX financial condition and expressed an unqualified opinion (i.e., clean bill of health) that our financial statements were presented fairly, in all material respects, in accordance with US GAAP accounting principles.
- Digital Currency: Because we custody bitcoin and ethereum on behalf of our clients, Grant Thorton conducted a thorough examination of how we hold digital assets.
- Security: Praetorian, a trusted name in cybersecurity, performed an Information Technology (IT) Security Risk Assessment that evaluated the effectiveness of LedgerX existing security controls.
- Internal Controls: LedgerX LLC has undergone an audit of our internal controls (technically known as a SOC I Type II Audit) to ensure that they are operating effectively and appropriately protecting client data.
- Onsite IT systems: Every year, the CFTC examines one aspect of our operations with a special emphasis. Last year, this examination covered our onsite systems and safeguards.