BEFORE YOU BEGIN
We only accept wire transfers for U.S. dollar deposits. All other types of transfers (including ACH transfers) will be rejected.
Initiating a wire transfer
All wires to your LedgerX account must be initiated from a bank account in your name. If you initiate a transfer from a bank account that is not in your name, it will be rejected.
- Submit a Deposit Notice on LedgerX: On the platform >hover over to 'Transfer Funds' > select 'Deposit USD' > Enter in the amount you plan on sending. Details for sending your wire transfer can be found there and will also be emailed for your convenience.
- Contact your bank and issue a wire transfer from your bank account
- Select wire transfer. All other types of transfers will be rejected. Return of funds can take up to 10-15 business days.
- Note: LedgerX does not charge for any wire transfers however, check with your bank to review their fees as some banks charge a $20-30 fee per wire transfer.
- Copy your Market Participant/Customer ID number and enter this in the "Memo" or "Reference" field of the transfer.
- Include the bank address and routing number needed for incoming wires to Silvergate Bank here. For your convenience, this information can be found under the deposit notice section on the platform and will also be emailed to you.
- Your bank will provide you with an 18 digit Wire Fed Reference Number (Note: this is not the Bank Reference Number).
Usually, wires take a day but have seen them take longer on the first deposit. Please note, we cannot accept ACH transfers at the time, so if you sent your transfer via ACH, our bank will automatically reject it and return it to you. ACH transfers usually take 3-10 business days.
When will my funds be available on LedgerX?
LedgerX will approve your deposit notice the same business day that we receive your wire. When your wire is approved, you will receive an email confirmation and the funds will be listed in your Available for Trading balance.
Can I send a wire from a joint bank account?
Yes, you can wire USD to LedgerX from a joint bank account. If your name is not included in the wire details, LedgerX will need you to provide proof that you are a joint owner of the account. Please send this proof of ownership, such as a bank statement, to email@example.com
Can I send a wire from a trust or company account?
You can wire us funds from a company account for your personal account if you are the 100% owner of the company. Please send proof that you are the 100% owner to firstname.lastname@example.org
before sending your deposit. You can wire us funds from a trust account if you are the 100% owner and only beneficiary. We cannot accept a deposit from a trust account that has multiple beneficiaries.
Can I wire funds from another crypto exchange?
We may not be able to accept funds from another crypto exchange at this time, because they are not wired in a bank account in your name. Due to this, we have no way to match the wire to your bank account. You can wire funds from a bank account in your name or a bank account of which you are the 100% owner. At this time, we suggest wiring funds from a bank account you own, unless the exchange specifies they are able to wire the funds with your account details.
My bank is asking to send trial deposits
We cannot confirm trial deposits for ACH transfers because our bank account only accepts wire transfers. These trial deposits will automatically be sent back to you when they hit our bank account. You can contact your bank about sending a wire transfer to our account. We will be supporting linking bank accounts later in 2021.
ACH Transfers vs Wire Transfers
Wire transfers are immediate whereas ACH payments take 2-3 business days. We only accept Wire Transfers at this time. A wire transfer is an electronic payment service used to move money between accounts. Wire Transfers are fast and typically arrive within the same day you initiate the transfer. You may be charged a wire fee by your bank. LedgerX does not charge wire fees. ACH transfers take 3-5 business days to process into an account. We do not accept ACH transfers. ACH transfers are typically free however some banks may charge a small fee for expedited services or transfers to outside banks.