BEFORE YOU BEGIN
We only accept wire transfers for U.S. dollar deposits. All other types of transfers (including ACH transfers) will be rejected. The wire must come from a bank account that matches the name of your FTX US Derivatives account. All other wires will be rejected.
As of 10/26/21: LedgerX rebranded to FTX US Derivatives, however, wires still must be sent to LedgerX, wires sent to FTX US Derivatives will be rejected. We'll notify you of any changes.
Initiating a wire transfer
All wires to your FTX US Derivatives (Formerly LedgerX) account must be initiated from a bank account in your name. If you initiate a transfer from a bank account that is not in your name, it will be rejected.
- Submit a Deposit Notice on FTX US Derivatives: On the platform,>hover over to 'Transfer Funds' > select 'Deposit USD' > Enter in the amount you plan on sending.
- As of 10/26/21: LedgerX rebranded to FTX US Derivatives, however, wires still must be sent to LedgerX. Details for sending your wire transfer can be found there and will also be emailed for your convenience.
- Contact your bank and issue a wire transfer from your bank account
- Select wire transfer. All other types of transfers will be rejected. Return of funds can take up to 10-15 business days.
- Note: We do not charge for any wire transfers however, check with your bank to review their fees as some banks charge a $20-30 fee per wire transfer.
- Copy your Account ID number and enter this in the "Memo" or "Reference" field of the transfer.
- Include the bank address and routing number needed for incoming wires to Silvergate Bank here. For your convenience, this information can be found under the deposit notice section on the platform and will also be emailed to you.
- Your bank will provide you with an 18 digit Wire Fed Reference Number (Note: this is not the Bank Reference Number).
Usually, wires take a day but have seen them take longer on the first deposit. Please note, we cannot accept ACH transfers at the time, so if you sent your transfer via ACH, our bank will automatically reject it and return it to you. ACH transfers usually take 3-10 business days.