You can close a short position by buying the number of contracts that you are short.
- Buy the number of contracts that you are short
- The Position Locked collateral for the short position will be unlocked when you close the position
Steps to close your short position:
- Click on My Positions in the main dashboard (to the right of Open Orders)
- Click the position you want to close
- Click Buy to Close to launch the order form
- Enter the price you want to pay. The Contracts field is populated with the number of contracts you are short.
- Review your buy order. You will see the Total Premium, or the amount you need to pay to buy this option.
- Confirm your order
When your trade executes, your position will be 0 and the position locked collateral for this short position will be unlocked.