How do I set up two-factor authentication?
Two-factor authentication is an additional layer of security for your LedgerX account. You can use any mobile or desktop app that supports TOTPs (time-based one-time passwords), like Google Authenticator, Authy, Duo Mobile, 1Password, etc..
Google Authenticator guide: Full Step by Step Directions for Installing Google Authenticator.
Duo guide: Duo Getting Started
Setting up two-factor authentication:
- Open your authenticator app
- Scan the barcode shown after the password setup screen. If you are on your phone, copy the backup code listed above the barcode and add the key as a manual entry.
- Download, print or copy your backup key before continuing two-factor authentication setup.
- Your backup key can be used to access your account in the event you cannot receive two-factor authentication codes (new phone, lost device, changed app, etc). Treat this key with the same level of attention as you would your password. We recommend saving it with a password manager.
- Enter your 6 digit code from the app. The code will change each time you login.