What is two-factor authentication?
In addition to entering a password to log in to LedgerX, you will also enter a two-factor authentication code. Two-factor authentication is an additional layer of security for your LedgerX account. This extra step helps ensure that you are the only person who can access your account.
You can use any mobile or desktop app that supports TOTPs (time-based one-time passwords), like Google Authenticator, Authy, Duo Mobile, 1Password, etc..
Google Authenticator guide: Full Step by Step Directions for Installing Google Authenticator.
Duo guide: Duo Getting Started
Setting up two-factor authentication:
- Open your authenticator app
- Scan the barcode shown after the password setup screen. If you are on your phone, copy the backup code listed above the barcode and add the key as a manual entry.
- Download, print or copy your backup key before continuing two-factor authentication setup.
- Your backup key can be used to access your account in the event you cannot receive two-factor authentication codes (new phone, lost device, changed app, etc). Treat this key with the same level of attention as you would your password. We recommend saving it with a password manager.
- Enter your 6 digit code from the app. The code will change each time you login.
Can I use my SMS for two-factor authentication?
LedgerX does not support SMS for two-factor authentication.